It was conceived by Rosemary Gillespie, Director of the GK12 project. Advice, input, and support was provided by faculty researchers Brent Mischler, Craig Moritz, Mary Power, George Roderick, and Kipling Will.
The fellows of the GK12 project, and the GK12 coordinator Betsy Mitchell, tested the BioKeys tools and provided feedback.
The BioKeys website was designed and built by a team of graduate students David Hembry, Stephen Lew, Michael Park, and Ainsley Seago, along with programmers Joyce Gross and Ginger Ogle (BSCIT)
Arachnids Key Stephen Lew Insect Orders Key David Hembry Plant Key Michael Park Graphics, Design, Drawings Ainsley Seago Programming, Website Admin Joyce Gross, Ginger Ogle
All drawings on the BioKeys site were made by Ainsley Seago.
All photos on the site were taken by Joyce Gross and Stephen Lew unless otherwise noted.
Thanks to the following for providing helpful information about insects and spiders:
- Museums of Cape Town, South Africa
- Opler, Paul A. 1999. A Field Guide to Western Butterflies. New York: Houghton Mifflin Company
- Shapiro, Arthur M. 2007. Field Guide to Butterflies of the San Francisco Bay and Sacramento Valley Regions. Berkeley: University of California Press
- Spiders of North-West Europe
- NC State University Department of Entomology
- Tree of Life
- University of California Museum of Paleontology